Balancer metal portion measures 32 1/2 inches

A handy person from Oregon says:
Do I order a 33" or 32" the only number on the balance is 32 5
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Can you show us pictures of the nylon fittings on either end of the balance, as well as any stamp code on the metal channel? We may be able to replace this balance for you, but if it's a X-1/2" balance it will have to be custom made to size. You don't want to use different lengths for channel balances, if that's what you indeed have; they will not be compatible with your windows. From there, we'll do our best to get this started for you. Many thanks.

32 1/2 inch metal portion do i use 33 inch replacement?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32 5 Balance Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2245.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2248.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2249.JPG
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me with these photos. Again, you'd never want to use a channel balance with a different sized length; it won't properly fit your window and could even break. In this case however, your photos confirm what I suspected: you actually have a balance that has to be custom made, not just due to its unique metal channel length (32-5/8", to be precise), but also the fact the clip with the cord at the end comes out of the nylon shoe itself. With our standard balances, this cord comes out of the metal channel instead. This also affects window compatibility. 

We'd be happy to replace these balances for you. Can you just confirm for me if the metal clip at the end of the cord resembles more a 'butterfly' shape, like our 62-108? Or does it look more like the 62-106 or a different shape? If so, please show us a clear picture of its side profile. This detail is necessary to construct the right replacements. Finally, how many balances do you need? From there, we'll get this started for you. Thanks.

The reson i need to replace the channel balance is that the metal clip broke. It looks like the 62-108. I would need at least two channel balances.
Profile picture of Bob

OK. I am sending you an email with a custom link to order (2) of these balances. Let me know if you have any questions prior to ordering. Many thanks. 

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.