Balancer and Clip Help

A home owner from Livonia says:
I'm pretty sure I have Milgard 1997 Milgard windwos Building of house put in. I need a clip for the top left of the window. I'm pretty sure the balancer is good, but I may need the balancer for the clip to match. I've sent you the pics. The plastic clip broke on top that keeps the metal rod in the window. Whatever I need I will purchase from you. Just recommend and tell me what I need. Photos should give a good idea what I have. I will order what ever I need from you. Thank You Tom.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have a Weathervane balance system. If the balance is fine and you just need the original nylon top sash guide, see our 18-065. The original isn't made anymore, but many people have found that our 18-065 works well as a substitute.
A quick learner says:
I do not understand how that 18-065 can fit on top of the balancer. What if I just buy the complete kit with the balancer from top to bottom! Which one is it. I need to get this fixed because of a Home Inspection.
Profile picture of Paul
I'm a little confused. Based on your original post, I don't see how replacing the entire balance will help. You said yours are in good condition. Plus, it still won't fix the fact that your top sash guide is broken. Many customers with your same balance system reported that our 18-065 worked well to replace their old top sash guide.
A quick learner says:
I just looked at your post and Just didn't see how the top of the new clip would fit on the window. Thats all. The clip that is broken on the top of the balancer looks like its riveted into the balancer. The clip is then screwed into the inside of the wooden window. How does that clip stay on. If you look at the bottom left Pic (Top Looking Down) that Clip is cracked from left to right on the left portion. So you are saying if I buy the clip you recommend, all I do is screw it into the inside of the wooden window, and it will snap into the (Top Looking Down PIC) and work?
Profile picture of Paul
Oh, I see. In your pictures, you were pointing to the top sash guide as if that was the broken part. However, now you're saying that it's the top attachment on the balance that needs to be replaced. If you just want to replace the nylon attachments and reuse the balance, see our 15-093 bottom fitting and 19-038 top fitting, as well as our 62-005. Also watch the video below on how you can replace these.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.