Broken pivot shoe and balancer

A quick learner from Hurricane,Wv says:
I need help finding these parts.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's what we're here for! If you were to upload some photos of your balance and the shoe, we will do our best to find a good match.

We may have more questions--and may also require more photos--depending on what you show us. Just be prepared to go back and get some more info if necessary. Thanks!

Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BFED7FF5-87FD-4F2E-BBDD-A4C5A09CEB5B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01510F9C-C456-49A7-9555-DC9CF7E67D5E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 065BBB3C-8FE5-4A59-866E-6BF6751203FD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1E577784-A02A-43EC-821D-2BC10C22904B.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks! This is a huge help.

So let's start with the balance since it's easy. You're going to have either our Series 900 (3/8" diameter tube) or Series 600 (5/8" or 9/16" diameter tube). The best choice between these two will depend on (brace yourself) the diameter of your current balance's tube.

The pivot shoe is a little trickier. You have an older model that isn't made anymore, but I think one of ours can still be used as a substitute. My instinct is telling me to recommend the 15-015, but I highly recommend measuring the thickness of your old shoe to confirm. It should be 17/32", which is pretty specific. That's how you know the 15-015 will be the right choice.

If the thickness of your shoe is anything else, let me know and we'll track it down for you.

Do you have this part that is broken? I couldn't find it. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6AE6FDD6-0976-47F4-89B6-DB3BC9E00A7C.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0AB59D4D-00C2-4A6E-BAC8-0CA1CEE6671E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

You're showing the pivot shoe. Like I mentioned in my prior post, I think our 15-015 is a possible match, but you need to confirm the thickness of your original to confirm. I highly recommend removing an undamaged version from the window to ensure that your measurement is as accurate as possible.

Tom does it make a difference between the diameter of the tube.
I think I measured the tube wrong and got the thinner tube. Does it make a big difference?
Profile picture of Tom

Oh yeah, it makes a huge difference. You definitely want to make sure you get the diameter of the outer tube right. That's probably the most important part of identifying the right balance.

Thank you for all your help. I appreciate this service. ?
Profile picture of Tom

No problem! Let me know if you ever need anything else.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.