Balances

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello,

I am replacing the channels on a few of my Republic windows and I ordered and received my parts from Swisco. I have had a very good experience with Swisco.

As you will see from my pictures here, the tops of the channels are different and install differently. The Republics have a clip and botch installation and the Swisco has merely a screw into the channel.

It seems to me that I could simply drill and screw/attach the channel to the casing where the notch is. Before I did that, I thought I should check with you to confirm that would seem to be a workable modification.

Can you let me know your thoughts?

Many thanks. Love the DIY videos! Very helpful in totally taking the mystery out of repairing windows. At least until one sees a clip and notch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It looks like your old balance used a specific kind of S hook to install. We usually have to custom make these balances; what we do is remove the white screw plug you see at the top end of the new balance and install a 62-005 rivet. We would then clip on the old hook, or use a new 19-029

If you're handy, you could do this yourself with the balances you purchased from us. However if you aren't confident doing that then I recommend returning the balances you ordered for a refund. I can then set you up with a custom balance order where we install the rivet for you in our shop before shipping the new hardware out. It's up to you!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.