16" Channel Balance Replacement

A quick learner says:

Length, not including plastic attachments is 16". I need to order a replacement set.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D6E9B156-94A9-46F3-9961-5853AC8166EC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C60FF3A-49EC-4F71-92A5-9D8A3E760746.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CDF5A8C9-A198-41F7-9B7E-B64CD2D9517E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Based on your photos, I think you might have a match for our S390-16 channel balance. This has a 19-001 top and 15-001 bottom nylon fitting. As long as those match up then I think it will work well.

Profile picture of Tom

They are slightly different, but I think it's fine. Yours was probably just made by a different manufacturer. I would worry more about the dimensions. That will be what ultimately determines whether our balance can replace yours.

A quick learner says:
The channel balance looks correct! The top and bottoms don't visually look like the ones on my existing balances. I am attaching 5 additional close-up photos of each plastic attachment. Please confirm. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1011.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1012.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1014.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1017.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1018.JPG
A quick learner says:
Tom, how do I know whether to get the 1510, 1520, etc. I see its based on weight including friction of the jam itself. Its a fairly small kitchen window. I'd guess 1530 but don't want to under/over size it, is there any rule of thumb? Thank you for your help on this by the way.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1081.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1082.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1083.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Since your old stamp is 15-4, I would recommend the 1540 stamp option. If you have any doubts, you can always weigh your sash on a scale and refer to the chart we show on the S390-16 store page.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.