Bent hanger screw 80-060 possible?

A quick learner from Boulder, CO says:
My wife accidentally walked into our paella screen door. She dislodged the screen from the lower track and exposed the 84-105 screen roller. It looked like the threads in the plastic got stripped so I added a bit of glue from a glue gun to the upper hole (where the threads are) to see if I could get some material in there to give the hanger screw something to grab. After reinstalling it, I still couldn't get the hanger screw to engage in the roller. So I will replace the roller, but I'm wondering if you've ever seen the hanger screw get bent from the impact of someone walking into the screen.

Also, I am looking for info on how to replace the hanger screw. It seems to be captured in some way in the top rail of the screen. And doesn't come out of the bottom hole in the top rail when I continue to unscrew it - adding to my thought that maybe it got bent. Many thanks for the help!!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure if we can help. I know that when I've encountered this situation with a bent screw, they always seemed to give me trouble trying to remove it. See if you can get it out just enough so you can grab it with a set of vise grips or pliers and then you can pull on it as you are turning it out.

A quick learner from Boulder, CO says:
Adding this comment as an FYI - upon removing the screen from the track, and removing the screen from the rollers 84-105, it appears the hanger screws 80-060 are captured within the top rail and the top rail must be disassembled from the side rails to remove the hanger screws. They do not just unscrew out of the hole in the bottom of the top rail. Leave it to Pella to make it extra complicated.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.