Best location to install vent stops

A quick learner from Florida says:
Do you have a best location, i.e., from top/bottom of a window for the 26-122 Vent latches?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, I am sorry I do not have any info on the 26-122 concerning new application projects. The 26-122 are really for replacing missing or broken vent stops of the same size. Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.
A quick learner from Florida says:
I assume that I'd have to contact the manufacturer to determine if these would work on our existing windows. They are new vinyl double hung windows, exactly like my old ones which has these locks. I just don't want to router into them if the pane goes in to far. Thanks for you help, hopefully I can determine if these will work and go ahead with my order....
A quick learner from Fairfield Ct says:
Is this the part I would use to keep a double hung sash at a partial opening to prevent it from being raised further up from the outside?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Yes, this is the part you would use to keep a double hung sash at a partial opening. However the 26-122 is a replacement vent latch, and it is not designed for a new application. We are working on a couple designs now for new application vent latches. Please check back with us again in a couple months!
A quick learner from fairfield ct says:
How is it and where is it attached? Presently there are no vent locks on the windows, I assume. Where would it be located and how is it fastened? Is it mortised in the jamb liner?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Normally the vent stop is installed to the top sash. It is installed approximately 5-1/2" on center up from the bottom of the side rail on the top sash. It simply snaps in.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
For those who don't have an existing vent stop, take a look at the 26-387 Vent Lock Kit. It can be installed on any hung or sliding window.

Take a look at our tutorial video here:

How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.