Better Bilt Replacement Rollers

A home owner from Mission Viejo, CA says:

I have seen several discussions with people asking to get replacement rollers for their Better Bilt windows. You always end up recommending part 87-181 which is the correct dimensions, but it has steels rollers. I spent considerable time a couple years ago filling and leveling the aluminum rails in 4 windows that the wheels run on with J B Weld and it has worked great, but I don?t want steel wheels to wear everything out fast again. I ultimately need 10 pair of rollers.

Is there another roller assembly with even 7/16-inch wheels that would otherwise fit my windows? The wheels could be either brass or nylon.

My dimensions are Length 1.61 but that is not critical as only a single screw holds it in place, the width is .548 or 5/8ths. Wheels are .375 and the axels are .175.

T don?t think it would be a problem if the assembly has 7/16 or even a bit taller wheels as the latch will still work and the is room to get the window back into its channel with taller wheels also.

Anything there you think will work?

PS. Your site won't let me upload pictures

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that the wheel manufacturer does not carry the nylon wheels that can work for this housing. As far as I know, the 87-181 is only compatible with the steel wheels it comes with.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.