Better-Bilt Window Clips

A home owner from Tucson, AZ says:
I am looking for at least two better-bilt window clips/guides, that keep the window in the track. Sorry if the photos aren't great.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A7B41467-3FE9-4AF9-91CE-DEA0B389A8E3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 12F570AA-4103-4BC2-81A8-B5D4EE9BFC7F.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

Start by comparing your dimensions to our 26-351 window latch pair and see if this matches up to your original hardware. 

Emily,
Thank you for your prompt response. Unfortunately, my guides/latches/whatever don't quite match the picture. They are 3/4" wide, 2 & 1/2" long, and don't have the tab extending down. The window doesn't tilt, it just slides up and down. Sorry I can't provide you with a better description.
Gregory
Emily,
After a closer second look, my guides/latches/whatever's DO have the tab extending down. They had just broken off. But the dimensions I gave you previously are correct. Thanks.
Gregory
Profile picture of Emily

It looks like our 26-351 latches are our closest match. Instead of measuring the total length of the latch, you would need to measure the distance from the center of the screw hole to the back wall of the screw tab as shown below. Compare dimensions to an undamaged latch and see what you think. 

26-351 dimensions
Thanks, Emily! I ordered a pair. Fingers crossed!

Emily,

Thank you for your patient guidance regarding the 26-351 better-bilt window latches. They arrived yesterday and are a perfect fit! Thank you so much!! I hope you have a great day!!

-Gregory 

Profile picture of Emily

That's awesome to hear! We truly appreciate your business, Gregory. If you have any future hardware questions, you know where to find us! 

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.