Better Built Window Latch

A quick learner from Silverthorne, CO says:

I need this window latch for the right side of a double-hung Better Built window. This latch releases the window so can pull window inside and clean outside of window.

As far as I can measure this latch is 3" long. 2 1/8"? hole center spacing. 1/8 inch from screw to end of latch, I think.

Please let me know if you have this latch piece for my Better Built window.

Thanks,

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Better Built window latch.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris. In terms of design your latch is very similar to our 26-195 and 26-196. However your dimensions differ from ours. I recommend triple checking those measurements, especially the hole center spacing, to see if you might be able to use these after all.

Alternate image for 26-196
Alternate image for 26-196

I have ordered a couple of latches from Lowes. Waiting for them to arrive. Once received I will let you know if I have to do further exploring. Do you know if either latch will fit a Better Built window from 1999? That would be helpful to know.

Thank you,

Chris 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Tom is out of the office today but I can tell you that although past customers with Better Built windows have used these latches, that does not confirm if they will work for your application. Comparing the dimensions shown on our product pages to your original latches is the only way to confirm if they will work for your application. 

What is the difference between these latches? The measurements you sent me are correct.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The only difference is that one installs on the left-hand corner of the sash, while the other is for the right side. Hope this helps! 

I ordered.

Thanks so much for your help.
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.