Bi-Food Door Combining

A quick learner from Salem , OR says:
I want to buy four (or is really two sets?) sets of 18-inch Reliabuild wood folding doors and combine them into a single double folding 72-inch door. Besides additional hinges and 6-foot track(s), what else would I need? I'm thinking a top and bottom track and additional bottom guides to support the 72-inch width. Please advise and do you have the parts? I'm doing this because I am limited to opening the door(s) in only one direction.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon! Take a look at our 23-507 bifold door track kit and let me know if this could work for you.
A quick learner from Salem , OR says:
I'm not sure. The thing is I want to join two sets of bi-fold door into a single door having four panels and then having all four panels fold to one side of the opening. Will your kit do this or do I just need two six-foot tracks and extra hinges to tie the two sets of doors together? I think an extra track on the bottom will help support the four panel door if guides are also added to the bottom of the panels. Surely someone must have done this before?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There actually isn't a bottom track for the 23-507, though it does have four doors. The 23-507 uses a bottom corner bracket. I've never done anything exactly like what you've described, but our 23-507 is our best possible match.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.