Bi-fold Door Parts

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,

I am at my wits end with my bifold doors from the 70s.

I bought these replacements parts, hoping they would solve the problem, but even though everything fits, the door is still grinding on the track instead of gliding.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Attached are photos of the bottom pivot and the bottom guide pin. Along with a photo of how the door sits right on the track. It grinds and makes an awful sound when we try to use the door. Is there another part I neglected to buy?

I feel like I must he missing something simple.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210428_202534.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210428_202549.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210428_202608.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I recommend that you reverse your pins. The threaded 21-001 goes in the bottom corner of the door into the pivot bracket of the track. You want to loosen the 21-154 rod clamp and turn the threaded pin to raise and square up the door, then tighten the 21-154 rod clamp. The spring loaded 21-007 guide pin is used to guide the door along the track as you open and close the door. Hopefully this information helps.

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.