Bi fold door hardware replacement

A quick learner from US says:
I have bifold door that came out of a closet in our bathroom. It was removed a while ago and was not the one that removed it. I installed the door in another room but don't know how it is suppose to be assembled. The part I am trying to figure out is the top pocket socket part 23-307. When I tighten the screw down the door won't slide but if I loosen it up it loosens and falls out. Can you send directions? The part says johnson stamped on it.

I did not purchase from you it was already in our home. It came out of a bathroom but is getting repurposed to be bedroom closet. As I stated previously when I tighten it down the door won't move. When I loosen it it falls off. Need to know how it is suppose to operate. Planning on selling the house and would like to be operational. Enclosed is a picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200709_171958.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To give you a bit of an overview of this hardware, the part in the photo is indeed the Johnson 23-307 top pivot bracket. This bracket is supposed to be stationary and it will receive the 23-121 spring-loaded top pivot to act as a hinge in conjunction with the 23-312 bottom pivot bracket and the 23-151 adjusting pivot. 

The screw in the 23-307 socket locks it in place. The bracket is not meant to slide but the spring-loaded pin at the top of the other half of the door is meant to slide in the track. I hope this helps you understand these doors and how they function a bit better. Thanks for posting!

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.