Bi fold door hardware replacement

A quick learner from US says:
I have bifold door that came out of a closet in our bathroom. It was removed a while ago and was not the one that removed it. I installed the door in another room but don't know how it is suppose to be assembled. The part I am trying to figure out is the top pocket socket part 23-307. When I tighten the screw down the door won't slide but if I loosen it up it loosens and falls out. Can you send directions? The part says johnson stamped on it.

I did not purchase from you it was already in our home. It came out of a bathroom but is getting repurposed to be bedroom closet. As I stated previously when I tighten it down the door won't move. When I loosen it it falls off. Need to know how it is suppose to operate. Planning on selling the house and would like to be operational. Enclosed is a picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200709_171958.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

To give you a bit of an overview of this hardware, the part in the photo is indeed the Johnson 23-307 top pivot bracket. This bracket is supposed to be stationary and it will receive the 23-121 spring-loaded top pivot to act as a hinge in conjunction with the 23-312 bottom pivot bracket and the 23-151 adjusting pivot. 

The screw in the 23-307 socket locks it in place. The bracket is not meant to slide but the spring-loaded pin at the top of the other half of the door is meant to slide in the track. I hope this helps you understand these doors and how they function a bit better. Thanks for posting!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)