BiFold Door Pivot with Clip, Benchmark

A landlord from Fulton, MD says:
I purchased subject (item# 21-044) but I cannot get it to function so that the pin moves up and down. It seems as if I need either 21-150 (nylinder) or a nylor grommet to enable it work. Please advise. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 21-150 Nylinder snaps on the hole in the door where the pin slides through so as to eliminate the noise of metal touching metal. I do not think it will help your pin move up and down; it should do that on its own.

To install the guide pin in a way that should serve its function, first remove the spring retainer and, holding the pin with spring, slide it through the hole in the door and lock it in with the retainer to keep from springing out.

If you have already tried this, or if you try it and it still doesn't work, it's possible that the 21-044 Benchmark Bifold Door Pivot with Clip is not the appropriate replacement for your original hardware. We may need to see a few pictures of your old pin in order to determine an applicable substitute.
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.