Bifold Door Aligner for a 4-Door Setup

A handy person from Trumbull says:
Can you please explain where the location would be for the door aligner's to mount to the door. I'm using 4- 15" bifold doors for a 60" opening. I do not have the instructions. A picture would be great, if not, please explain.
Thanks,
Carl
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Carl, thanks for posting. What you want to do is attach the aligners to the back of the guide door panels, approximately 12" from the floor. Then you'd adjust them in or out in the slotted holes until the doors "snap" closed. Then all you have to do is tighten the screws. Take a look at the image below to see what I'm talking about.

A SWISCO image of where the 23-139 is installed.
A SWISCO image of where the 23-139 is installed.
A quick learner from Colorado says:
Regarding the bifold door aligners. Question: Can the aligners be placed much, much higher up the door (about 40" above the floor)? Seems like the doors would not align/snap closed properly. Background: We have a laundry closet in the hallway with a compact washer and dryer. Older, full sized units did fit when we moved in but are being built deeper instead of wider now. Need to replace washer and dryer. DO NOT want another set of compacts. Vibration notoriously bad on all brands (Consumer Reports), vibration pads don't help, everything is aligned and leveled properly, washer does not need repair either. No room for any other type of door besides bifolds. The aligners are keeping us from buying any washer that is deeper than 28" as the aligners would end up scraping across the front bottom of the units (all the brands available in that size are junk). Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I see your dilemma. My wife and I actually purchased a compact washer with the drier at the top. It does make noise when operating. Could be it is "top" heavy and that's the reason they seem to shake? That ended up being our problem. 

On the 23-139 door aligners, you could try to install them further up on the door set. Or you could install them closer to the floor. You would need to see how they work on your particular situation. One idea would be to try packing out the door jamb and move the bifold door further away from the appliances if you are afraid the door aligners might hit the washer.

A quick learner from Colorado says:
Thank you so much! Ours are not stacked. Consumer Reports believes that compact washers are not heavy enough which causes the violent vibration on every single compact washer that they tested, whereas full sized front loaders ARE heavy enough (that was our theory as well). Consumer Reports also stacked the dryer on top of the washer to give it more weight without success?did very little to stop the vibration. We cannot move the door jamb/bi-fold doors out. There are bedroom doors on each side of the bi-folds. One door is perpendicular to the bi-folds with only a very small amount of drywall in between both doors casings. The builders installed the aligners at the very bottom of the doors which is where the scraping of the front of the laundry units would occur. We will try mounting the aligners up 40". Really, really appreciate your time and thoughts!
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.