Bifold Metal door bottom pin and plastic guide

A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
Doors are 49 years old and the pin pictured is for the bottom front (the part of the door that moves. It is held in place by a screw. I believe the problem is the broken plastic piece on the bottom.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bi-Fold Door bottom 5-16 inch pin.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We sell a ton of bifold door pins that are similar in design to what you show here. Before I recommend anything, can you tell me the diameter of the pin itself? Can you also tell me the diameter of the top part of the nylon cap?

A home owner from San Jose, CA says:
The diameter of the pin is 5/16 inches or .3125 inches. The diameter of the top part of the palstic cap is 1/2 inches. The lenth of the pin is 5.25 inches.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! 1/2" is very, very big. I think you may be measuring the wrong part of it. I only need the top tip, not the "brim," so to speak.

Right now my top contender is the 21-016. The shaft is 5/16" in diameter but the top tip, which goes into the track, is 13/32". Look this over for now and see what you think.

swisco.com
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.