Bifold door guide.

A handy person from dALLAS says:
I have 5 "vintage" bifold door guides that are in various stages of advanced decomposition due to age. I believe they are circa 1964 parts. The picture is of the best (two have been replace with hex head screws which seem to function well but I would prefer the proper parts. The rail itself is a "C' shaped affair complicating the wheel insertion (I think it would, since I have no wheels left, I'm only guessing).
I have one hole that has been enlarged and the threaded part does not ft well at all. I was going to drill a clean hole and place a dowel in it but thought you might have a better solution.

These doors are from 1964 and I think the hardware is original, so sad to see that things just don't last anymore!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC09016.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC09022.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC09018.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We have a spring loaded top mounted nylon guide, product code 23-266

The nylon hat is 7/16" in diameter and the height from the top of the rim is 7/16". The diameter of the rim is 5/8".

Take a look at this part, compare the dimensions to the part you are looking to replace, and see if this will work for you.

A handy person from dALLAS says:
Thank you very much. This may very well work. The vertical space I have is restricted and it's going to be close but it is certainly worth a shot!

I had not seen a guide w/o the roller wheel at the top and was trying to make one out with what I had, obviously they come without them. So simple yet once you get an idea in your head it's hard to see anything else.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I know how you feel! 

I hope it works out. If you run into any issues, please let us know. We will do our best to help out.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.