Bifold door pin cap, P/N 21-108

A handy person from Jupiter, FL says:

The track needs to be removed to be able to slide the "cap" into the groove. The tracks are grouted into the tiles. Any trick for getting the "cap" in? I'd hate to dig out all the grout to get the "cap" in. The manufacturer did not provide slots in the track to slip in the caps.

Thank you for your advise,

Elliot

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Leigh Products.JPG
A handy person from Jupiter, FL says:

I was able to slide in the new bifold door pin clips on the top rail by removing the rail. I used the parts in the bifold door guide pin set, P/N 21-050. Believe it or not the pins pop out of the nylon pin caps (P/N 21-108) every time the door is slid. I cleaned the tracks and lubricated them with plastic safe silicone.

Basically the pins don't snap into the pin cap with enough holding power. Are you familiar with this problem?

Thank you,

Elliot

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Elliot. Hopefully I can help.

If you look at your door when closed, you will see that the guide pin doesn't go to the end, but instead leaves a few inches of space. If you are handy and careful, you can use a hacksaw and cut down the track just enough to fit the 21-108 cap and slide in the track groove. You just have to cut off the top part of the track groove.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.