Bifold metal door top pivot. Also top guideline.

A home owner from St Louis, Mo says:

House built in 50's. Caliper measures 1/4" on cap. So product code 21-018 seems to fit all measurements. Cap on this product says 9/32. Then I also need the top guide pin but the cap appears to be wider. First picture is guide pin. I have looked for a month and I finally found your company! Please help. Debbie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_180806.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_175854.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_180859.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200325_182202.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Debbie. Can you clarify what you mean by also needing a separate top guide pin? Otherwise, i think the 21-018 or possibly the 21-065 are what you're looking for. Let me know what you think.

A quick learner from St Louis, Mo says:
Thank you Bob. Definitely the 21-018 and 9 are the fit I think. The separate top guidepin is the 4th picture I sent. The tip is wider like 3/16" and has a spring and is 4" long. It just slides thru the ceiling bracket, as you can see in the photo.
THanks,
Debbie
Profile picture of Bob

The 21-065 has a pin that is 3/16" in diameter. Or do you mean the cap? If so, clarify the dimensions for both the cap and the pin for this last pivot and let me know. 

The pin is 3/16". The wider flat part of the plastic is 7/8". The 21-065 would not work as the opening to the bracket in the ceiling is quite wide and needs that larger flat plastic piece.
Profile picture of Bob

Apologies; thanks for clarifying. It would be a bit unusual for the same bifold door to have different sized pins and caps on top honestly, which is what threw me off. Is this pin from a different door? If the cap has to be bigger in diameter I am wondering if something like the 21-042 is a better match; but this is not a Fenestra product. I am forwarding this discussion to a senior colleague of mine who knows more about these doors than I do; we'll see if we can come up with anything else for you.

It looks exactly the same as the 21-018 with the WIDE flat disc part on the plastic but with a 3/16" point. The slide bracket attached to the ceiling has no added bracket piece for the top pin, but is molded to have an indent with a hole for a 1/4" point on the plastic pin head.
THank you,
Debbie
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Debbie, thanks for bearing with me. I've check with some of my senior colleagues about this. Since this is a Fenestra door, you would indeed use the 21-018 pin with the 21-256 spring and 21-156 locking push nut. If you need the bottom threaded adjusting pin, it would be our 21-019. The last photo is another type of Fenestra pin, which we are looking into seeing if we can identify. Please bear with us a little longer, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Many thanks. 

Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob

Good news! We've found this part and are bringing it in for you. We'll let you know the moment it becomes available. 

Great! I can order all parts at that time then?
Profile picture of Bob

Sure thing. You can order the other parts now, or you can certainly wait until we bring in this other pin for you. Let me know if you have any other questions in the time being.

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Please see new product code 21-095 , Bi-fold Closet Door Pin Assembly

How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.