Black Corner Window lock

A quick learner says:
Do not know the name of the part except window lock.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1586645336289325402017.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. This part is called a tilt latch. Yours in particular resembles our 26-295 Better-Bilt latch pair. Look over our photos and dimensions and see what you think.

Profile picture of Tom

You're very kind to say so, Teresa! As for removal, let me walk you through it. First, you'll have to tilt the sash in and remove it from the window. 

With the sash out, unscrew the two top screws on the window sash and carefully raise the top rail. That will allow you to slide off the top tilt latches. 

On some window models, the company has glued the glass to the frame. If that's the case, you will have to remove the glass first then you can raise the top rail. This is not an easy process and we don't recommend attempting it yourself. You should contact a local professional to do it for you. If you do try it, we highly recommend that you wear safety glasses and protective gloves - you could possibly break the glass during this procedure.

A quick learner from Missouri says:
Thanks Tom.
YOU ARE THE GREATEST. NOW TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO TAKE IT (This part is called a tilt latch) OFF AND PUT THE NEW ONE ON. CAN'T BE THT HARD!

TERESA G
A quick learner from Missouri says:
thanks Tom I'll find someone to do it for me.

Teresa
Profile picture of Tom

Not a problem! I think that's a good idea, ultimately. These can be a little frustrating if you aren't familiar with the process.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.