Block and tackle balance hardware

A handy person from Elkhorn, WI says:
I need to order a replacement block and tackle balance device for a tilt-in window made by Republic. From your website and the dimensions of the old device I believe I need

26" Series 770 Balance Product Code: S770-26

With a

Rivet, 3/32" x 39/64" Product Code: 62-005

And a

Rivet Installation Tool Product Code: 75-075

However, the one I am replacing is stamped 26G and the options on your website are only B-D. Please advise if you carry a 26G with a rivet for an S-clip on one end and a (Terminal clip Product Code: 15-043) to connect to the pivot shoe.

David
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, David! I agree that your balance resembles our Series 770, but this Series doesn't usually take an S clip. It would just screw into the jamb. Are you sure that's what you need? Could I see what the other end of the balance looks like?
A home owner from Elkhorn, WI says:
I read in another discussion that using the rivet is a way to retrofit the S770 to receive a short s-clip. see photo for the top end of the old part. My question is about the "G" rating since your parts list doesn't go that high.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, thank you. That should be everything we need.

Looks like we have a custom balance on our hands. The 26G option is special, plus we'll have to remove the screw plug that comes standard with the Series 770 and replace it with a rivet as shown in your image. To begin, take a look at this Custom Channel Balance Order Form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. Once you've submitted it, one of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote.
A home owner from Elkhorn, WI says:
This part arrived yesterday and it worked perfectly!! The window glides up and down better than it ever has since we've owned the house.

Thank you Swisco!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome! I'm glad everything worked out. Please let us know if you need anything else, I'd be happy to help.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a channel balance attachment
How to replace a channel balance attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.