Bottom Shoe to Existing Channel Balance

A quick learner from Runnemede, NJ says:
Purchased 4 S372-29 Channel Balances. The bottom shoe is incorrect. I submitted a request for an exchange on April 26, 2014. I think that I need an S370-29. Please look at the attached photos from my old Channel balance and confirm.

Thank you.
Thomas
User submitted a photo of a window balance shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Thomas, good to see you again. Yes, the Series 370 is definitely a closer match. Just make sure that the dimensions of your shoe closely match the 15-002. The type of nylon attachments your balance takes is very important. You want to make sure the replacement is as close as possible to the original, if not identical.
Detail of 15-002
Detail of 15-002
A handy person from Runnemede, NJ says:
I measured the bottom shoe. The shape of the part in the photo that you provided is identical to mine. All of the measurements were the same except for the 1/2 inch width. My measurement was 14/32 inch- off by only 2/32 inch.

If you only have the 1/2 inch wide shoe, that will probably work.

Let me know how to exchange the 4 channel balances.

Thanks for your help.
Tom
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! I don't think that small difference will matter. I don't know of any shoe in this style that isn't considered 1/2" in the trade.

We cannot exchange balances, but you can return the ones you purchased for a refund and then buy the new balances as normal. Check out our Return Policy for more information.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.