Bottom door seals for 2005 Vetter 415 french sliding door, 2w1h,Active Inactive

A home owner from Alpena, N E Michigan says:

I am unable to find replacement bottom door seals for my two 6 ft. Patio doors. I have enclosed some pictures of the seals and also a dimensioned drawing of the seal section. Hope you can help !

Thanks,

Dave

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0668.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0670.JPG.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0657.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience in this matter, Dave. Unfortunately, we have not been able to find a replacement for this weatherseal. The best option we've been able to find is our 58-056E. Could you possibly use this as a substitute? Look it over and let me know what you think.

A home owner from Alpena, N E Michigan says:
Tom,
I don't think your recommended seal will quite get it, the old seal is kind of an oblong shape which the door bottom rides on, so, I am ordering an automotive type D shaped seal( 13mm high X 14mm wide) with an adhesive strip on the bottom to see if that will work( its inexpensive so if it does not work I will be out next to nothing and will be all the wiser for what may work next attempt!!!)
Thanks for the help, if you can't find a replacement seal I feel comfortable with my unsuccessful attempt to find one.
Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That sounds like a pretty clever solution! Please let us know how it works out, I'd be curious to know. If it doesn't then we will do our best to find something that will.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.