Bottom roller for mirrored sliding closet door.

A handy person from San Diego says:
This door is a Oldie. Made by Marshall Aluminum Products Co. Irvine CA. They are still in business but do not make mirrored doors any more and have no Old parts.

This roller assemble has a pressed on bearing that the plastic wheel was attached to. So I can't just replace the wheel. The three holes in the guide at the end, is where the two little screws hold the guide in place inside the door. The end with the screw head showing is 9/16 wide and1 1/4 tall. The broken plastic wheel was 1 1/2" OD. Where you see the pressed on bearing, that part pivots back and forth and the set screw in the end locks the wheel in place. I guess?

Do you have something that will work for me. I'm fixing the door for a neighbor. She's 70 something.

Thank You,
Charlie
User submitted photos of a mirror door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Charlie. Check out our 81-253. It looks very similar to your existing roller here. Compare the two and let me know if you think you can get it to work.
A handy person from San Diego says:
Did it work, I need to replace mine
A professional from CA says:
The 81-253 works great for the one pictured here. I have used it many times. In some cases I have had to flatten or remove the lip on the inside of the front door to keep the doors from rubbing or scraping. I've found it easier to bend until it breaks off. Flattening it takes more work.
A professional from CA says:
Correction: I meant the outside part of the roller on the front panel. The tab is sometimes too close to the back panel. The tab that hooks under the door is crucial.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.