Bottom track for a 1975 bifold closet door

A home owner from Edmonton Alberta Canada says:
I have changed flooring from carpet to hardwood and the track for the 1975 closet door that I want to put back in place is about 1/4" too deep (or high) and the door cannot be lifted over it to be put into place. It appears to have been manufactured to be used with carpet. The height of the mine is 1". Width at bottom 1 1/2". Length 35". The 21-404 model you have I think will work as it is lower. I have enough space to allow for the 35 1/2" the description says it is. Please let me know if you see a concern before I order the 21-404 track. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0044.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0046.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0064.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0065.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm, it's always tricky dealing with new carpet in regards to closet doors. The 21-404 could potentially work, but I can't make any guarantee. Another concern here isn't just the end profile, but whether or not your old pins will be compatible. The 21-404 has a bracket that accepts 3/8" diameter pin caps. What is the diameter of your old pin caps? Let us know if it differs.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.