Bottom window seal

A home owner from Craven County, NC says:
I've been looking for replacement window seals for the bottom of all my windows. The "T" portion of the seal I have looks to be 3/16 inch. I believe that product 58-183 is what I need; but hoping that you all can confirm that for me based on the attached pics.

The window has manufacturer code BIN-1 on the label.

Thanks!

Darrell
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T 3-16.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named view from end.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 58-183 does look similar, but I'm afraid that's about all I can say. The size of the "T" is a very precise measurement and I cannot determine what yours is based on just a tape measure. You'll have to measure it as carefully as you possibly can and use your best judgement.

A home owner from Craven County, NC says:
Good morning/evening,

Thanks for the response. I now have a few more questions for you all.

On your website for product 58-183, in the picture showing dimensions, it shows the overall 'height' as 7/8 of an inch. After looking closer at all of the product dimensions and comparing it to some others I now have another question. I believe the product I probably need is product 58-182 (and not the 58-183), but what is missing on the website is the overall height dimension in the picture with the measurements for 58-182. Can you please provide me with that height dimension for the 58-182? I'm guessing that it is slightly smaller than the 7/8 inch as shown for the 58-183? (Based on the bulb being slightly smaller)

When I do order I noticed that these come in 12 foot lengths... are they exactly 12 feet? Or like wood products does 12 feet mean 11 feet 10 inches? Or are they actually a little long to be safe? The reason I ask is that several of the windows in my house are 35 inches and I just want to make sure that I'll be able to get 4 windows cut from each 12 foot length.

Last question; do you all offer any type of military discount?

Thanks again and have a great day!

Respectfully,

DRH
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, I just ran in the back to measure and the overall height of the 58-182 is approximately 3/4", which is indeed shorter than the 58-183They are also sold in precise 12' lengths, yes.

I'm afraid we do not have discounts of any kind.

Hopefully that answers your questions. Let me know if you have any more!

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.