Brass door handle

A home owner from Hailey, Idaho says:
I need to replace my door handle parts that are on the back of my door. The entrance 2 screw holes are 5 1/2 in. apart. The length of the unit is 7 in. The storm door is 21 years old. On my door is a plaque that says Cole Sewell #07100090414 0001. Hope you can help me.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Cole Sewell is no longer in business, so we won't be able to get you an exact match for your handle set. We may have a working substitute, though.

Before we go any further, can you show me a picture of the handle in question? From there I will do my best to find something that can work in its place.

A home owner from Hailey, Idaho says:

Attached is brass outdoor handle that needs to be replaced.

I need the Brass door handle ASSEMBLY.

Thank you,

Bob

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0784.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks, Bob. I recognize this handle. As I suspected before this isn't made anymore and I don't think you'll find an exact match anymore, so you'll have to decide on a substitute.

The good news is that we sell two different handle sets that have been confirmed to work on this door: the 40-058 and 40-152. They both work in more or less the same way, but the styles are obviously different and the 40-058 comes with a key lock, which the 40-152 lacks. Look them both over and decide which option you like most.

How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.