Broken (AW?) sliding glass door lock latch

A home owner from Charlotte, NC says:
Hi! Last night, the door lock latch (not sure what it's called) broke off of the door lock part of our sliding glass door. I attached several pictures (sorry for any repeats!) of the door parts (lock and handle) and then the part that broke off. The part that broke off is approximately 2.75" long and appears to have a number on it: C-7442-5. The lock housing part is 4" tall and the handle itself is 7" tall. A|W logo appears on the lock housing.

Can you please advise on what I need to order and from whom? Let me know if you need more measurements or information. Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
Emily
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi Emily, thanks for posting. Check out our 82-043, which is used on Andersen doors. Compare to your existing hardware, and let us know if you think this will work for you.

A quick learner from Michigan says:

I have the same situation as above a broken thumb lock. Except the outside is keyed. The tail piece is on the keyed part. The 82043 thumb lock has the tail on thumb part. If you take the tail off thumb piece it wont work.

Nowhere can I find a side or back view of the 82043. If the outside keyed part will accept the tail I believe it will work. Don't want to spend money and not have it work.

Will a new outside keyed lock used with the new thumb lock solve my problem ?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. The 82-043 is designed to work with either our 82-316 and 82-317. As long as your key lock looks like these, then the 82-043 should work well as a replacement.

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.