Broken Caradco Crank Handles

A handy person from Montana says:
Just bought a house and about half of the half of the handles for opening the swing out windows are snapped off. Is it possible to replace these? If so, what parts would I need? Parts don?t necessarily have to match original equipment.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8EF4E1E0-C964-4607-9A92-76724975CA83.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 743B061A-C5C5-4786-B624-41E7A7ECBDDB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3F7C30E3-9C96-47D2-A13C-AF8EA1782E92.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DC21F7E7-C9D0-4707-B623-26F86F7FAFCC.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. See our 39-037, 39-069, or 39-070. Look them over and see which has dimensions that best match your old operator.

Thanks! How would I go about replacing these operators? My windows are from 1971 and the wood framing isn't in great shape. If I can get the wood frame peeled off is it pretty straightforward?
Profile picture of Bob

You will have to remove the sill trim. See the video below. This is for a different kind of operator, but the process for removing this kind of sill trim is the same.

Thanks for the full installation video! Looks like a doable project. Previously you shared some replacement operators with me. Now I'm wondering if I could only replace the handles that cracked without buying the full operator. Is that a product that you carry?

Profile picture of Bob

You're very welcome, I'm glad you found it helpful.

I'm afraid that those handle's can't be repaired or replaced, as they're part of the mechanism itself. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)