Broken Crank Mechanism on windows

A handy person from 60048 says:
I have these crank handle windows where the crank mechanism is broken as the collar for the crank (pic 8) does not hold in position as the thread looks damaged. So, when you crank the handle it juts pulls out the rotating threaded shaft.

Is it possible to repair or replace the whole mechanism?

I have 4 windows like this!

Chris Barton
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

It looks like the worm gear has come out of your operator. This part is installed at the factory and is not replaceable. You'll need to replace the entire operator. Start by looking at our awning operators 39-083, 39-140 and 39-143. Compare your measurements to ours to see if one of these will be a good fit. If you are not sure, please send a photo of the operator with the window open so we can see the operating arms.

Thanks, your message went to junk mail, so I only just found it! Wondered why you hadn't replied!

I ordered the 16 1/8 crank mechanisms.
Just a note to say thanks, the replacement crank handles work great and were easy to fit once I read the instructions and figured out to remove the bottom frame casing.
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.