Broken Internal Latch on Older Sliding Door

A quick learner from Saint Louis, MO. says:

Hello - attached are photos of a latch that appears to have been snapped on from the inside with 2 forked prongs. One broke off. Can you sell me that part only? If not, what are my options?

Thank you,

Brad

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4393.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4391.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4397.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4396.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4394.jpeg
We did find a label "PPG Herculite Sliding Door Handle". Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0044.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0043.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Brad! I believe you can use our 82-107 thumb latch to repair your door. We also have a video that shows you how you install it. I hope this information helps.

I am sure this will work. Amazing service.

Thanks
Brad
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you, Brad, you're very kind to say so. If you had any other questions, you know where to find us!

Tom - one more question, or two:

1. Any idea on how long it will be back ordered?
2. Can I buy the straight rectangle brass looking piece (the part the actually turns the lock mechanism) separate for now?

Thanks again,
Brad
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I wasn't aware that this was backordered, too. Sorry for missing that. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on most of our backordered parts right now, including the 82-107. Our chains of supply have been delayed since the quarantine started and things are still really backed up right now. I can only promise that we're trying to get these back on the shelves as soon as we can.

I'm also sorry to say that the tail piece is not sold separately.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.