Broken Metal Coil

A quick learner from Gettysburg PA says:
The pics are from a Simonton Dimension I single hung vinyl window. The metal coil is one-half inch wide and the white plastic piece above is one and a sixteenth wide, which is the main body and not the "ears". I need the parts for 4 windows.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For your Simonton window using single 1/2" coil springs on each side of the sash, our Series 160 coil springs should be used as the substitute. When ordering you will need the spring number stamped on the old spring. Other parts in your photo show that you are able to use our 15-191 pivot shoe, 15-178 bumper and our new style 15-150S coil spring as replacements. You only need to replace what is broken.
The numbers are very faint. I believe they are "33" and below it the number "T-23". Is this enough info to order the coil spring? How do I submit an order? Do I call?
Profile picture of Paul
Before proceeding onto the next step, is it possible you can take a photo of the spring weight number and show us or give us the weight of your sash?
Cannot find the spring weight number but I need spring coils for three different windows sizes. The weights of the 3 are 11.6 lbs, 10.8 lbs, and one I can't get a reading on either of my two scales. The smallest sash is greater than 6.5 lbs and less than 10.8 labs.
Profile picture of Paul
For the two larger sashes, use S160-6, and for the small sash, use S160-3.
I received the coils and attempted to install them but ran into a problem. The coil kept popping out of the single support. I thought maybe the screw had stripped and wasn't holding it in so I installed a 2 inch screw through to the jamb. It still popped out. Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Paul
It's hard to say without seeing it, but my guess is the nylon housing might be upside down. The screw should be on the bottom where the coil spring rest on the nylon curve block. Look at the photo we have of the 15-150S. The sides of the track would hold the spring inside the cover.
I can't raise that window to remove or work on the spring. If I cut the bottom vinyl will that let me turn the window down?
Profile picture of Paul
Hold on! Before you cut anything, send photos of the sash problem you're running into.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.