Broken Mortise

A quick learner from Oakdale, PA says:
Swisco,

My sliding glass door lock no longer works. When I turn the lock mechanism the lock doesn't extend out and up. I can put a flat head screwdriver in and pry it out but the next time I try to lock it I need to pry it out again. Can you help me identify the parts in the photos? The distance between the two screws on the inside is approximately 4". I believe it is a Legacy 82-034 Handle set.

Thanks for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inside handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortise.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Outside handle.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Start by taking a look at our 82-086 keyed handle set with 3-15/16" hole center spacing, along with our 82-218 mortise lock. Look over the dimensions for each and compare them to yours to see if these items match what you need. 

Emily,

The dimension between my mortise screws looks closer to 3-1/4" .. than 3-11/16"? Do you have anything you can recommend?

Thanks for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mortise dim.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't carry a mortise lock that has 3-1/4" hole center spacing. Double check your dimensions and make sure your measuring on the installation screw hole centers. 

Profile view of 82-218
Profile view of 82-218
Emily,

I'm sorry I misread the tape measure in the photo. The dimension is 3-11/16" and your recommended part will work. Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.
Profile picture of Emily

No need to be sorry! I'm glad we were able to help. If you have any future hardware questions, you know where to find us! 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.