Broken Window Crank

A home owner from San Diego says:
The entire workings inside the crank are broken. I can't buy just a new crank. The mechanism inside just pulls in and out, but won't come out, and spins round and round. I can't see any way to remove the base around the whole thing from the window frame to get to it that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Can you show us a picture of the operator with the window open, so that we can see the arms that move the window in and out? Thank you!

This is the exact same window in a different bathroom because the window with the broken window crank pictured in the other photos is super hard to open and close with pliers since the cranks broken.

Thanks for any input you can give.
Profile picture of Casey

Perfect, thanks! I'd consider either our 39-140 or 39-143, depending on what size you have. Look them over and see what you think.

Wow! That's awesome! Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Casey

Anytime! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with :)

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.