Broken Window Sash Top Guide replacements

A handy person from Venice, Florida says:

The plastic guides located on the top corners of my window sash broke and allowed the window sash to drop and the springs to fly up. The spring assemblies appear to be ok but the plastic clips that hold the spring assembly down are broken. I have included a photo of the label affixed to the window frame but here are the markings:

• Series: Mark 40/50 HP
  • AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97
  • H-LC30*/50*-53X63

What parts do I need to repair the window.

Thanks, Ed

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6044.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6045.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6046.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6047.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6048.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you definitely need new top sash guides. I'm afraid that I can't identify what you have from this information, however. We'll need you to remove an undamaged version of this top sash guide, perhaps from an identical window in the house, and show us a clear picture of it by itself. When you take these pictures, please take it from the front and from the side. Think of it like a mug shot. That will allow us to see every detail necessary for identification.

Dimensions would also be a big help, though when it comes to top sash guides I understand that that's easier said than done. You may want to look through our complete selectionhere to get an idea of what measurements are important. The video below may also be helpful.

A handy person from Venice, Florida says:
Thanks Tom.
I've included dimensions and photos as requested. Based on this information I believe I need 18-166. Look forward to you response.
Thanks, Ed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6050.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6051.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6052.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6053.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These photos are perfect, Ed, and great dimensions. This is what we like to see from our customers! After reviewing your information, I also agree with you about the 18-166 top sash guide being the best replacement. Visually it's compatible with ours and your measurements are almost spot on. I don't see why this wouldn't work. Just have another look at the measurements to confirm everything looks correct, and then you should be good to go. 

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.