Broken balance shoe.

A home owner from Bradenton, Florida says:

My 20 year old house has its original Kinco windows, manufactured in Jacksonville, Florida. I've had several top sash guides replaced; now I have a broken part at the lower corner of the sash. I think it's called a balance shoe. I want to replace both top sash guides and both balance shoes.

I haven't removed the sash so have no pictures of parts, but the label in the top of the frame says "SERIES: MARK 40/50 SH W.B." It also says "AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97" and on the next line "H-LC35*-114x78 (MULL)"

Can you please tell me the correct part numbers? If I can fix this one myself, I intend to replace these same parts on ALL the windows in the house.

Thanks.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back room window label.jpg
Now that I've watched some more YouTube videos, I think my broken part is on the bottom of the window channel balance. I now see a plastic part at each end of each channel balance as well as a top sash guide, for a total of three plastic parts on each side of the window. I'd like to replace them all, so I need part numbers for all.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should definitely be able to help you, but I need photos of the balance itself in order to ID it. Specifically, I need you to remove an undamaged version from the window and show me a clear shot of the top end, bottom end, and whatever stamp or marking is printed on it. Just to be safe, you'd better also show me the clip at the end of the cord.

These photos are of the failed side. Nothing broke. The spring in the balance is fully extended when the balance is removed from the window. It appears to be jammed in that position.
There is no printing on the balance. The metal part of the balance is 5/8" wide.
I also included a photo of the sash guide as I'd like to replace those, also.
Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0512.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0513.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0515.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0517.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0507.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for your photos. Based on what I see here, you have either our Series 385 or Series 380, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Shoe measures 1".
Part is stamped "29 3" followed by "BSI" (maybe "BSL") turned sideways, followed by "MI" in smaller letters, normal orientation.
Sash weighs 13.4 lbs.
I make this to be a Series 380, 30", Option 2920.
Does that look right to you?
Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0526.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

If the depth of your shoe is 1", then you definitely want the Series 380. Your old stamp option of 29 3 matches our 2930, but that would be too strong for your sash weight. If 13.4 pounds is accurate than 2920 would be better. It's possible that whoever installed your window originally put in the wrong strength.

Thank you for your help. I couldn't have done without it. I have ordered the parts.
A home owner from Melbourne, GL says:
I have a 24 year old home with KINCO window that have glazing bead damage from a hail storm I have no pictures of parts, but the label in the top of the frame says "SERIES: MARK 40/50 SH W.B." It also says "AAMA/NWWDA 101/I.S. 2-97" and on the next line "H-LC35*-114x78 (MULL)"
Can this glazing bead be replaced? Need part number and cost. Concern replacement pieces will not be uniform with balance of old beading
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17014039772341210070015595197208.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I can't identify what type of glazing bead you have from these photos. We may still be able to help, but I'll need you to remove a small, undamaged sample and show me a clear shot of the end profile. The video below will show you what I mean.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.