Broken casement window crank (handle came out with fear) - replace the whole unit?

A home owner from San Francisco says:

I've got a broken casement window handle where the gear/crank came out with the handle. I assume the whole unit needs to be replaced?

The right arm itself measures 9 3/4", with the following id 31538A.

The mechanism (attached to the window frame) has the following id 45179.

I don't know the brand of the window (vinyl with m.m.s 95-2 etched in the side panel).

Please advise on the replacement parts needed.

User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have the standard 39-031 operator. However check the length of the short arm and make sure they match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)