Broken channel spring guide

A home owner from Garland, Texas 75042 says:

I have Sears Weather Beater vinyl windows

This is the bottom window of a small kitchen window

16.75" H X 32.25" W

See: Bottom window Barcode.png

The bottom window has a broken plastic channel spring guide on the right side (from the inside).

I think Left and Right may be the same if the coil is reversed along with the outer plate. Not sure though.

The Coil has "10J" stamped onto it next to the screw.

The Broken White Piece has a "1" stamped onto its side.

Here are the pictures of the part:

See: Rotated 0 Top View Right Side Bottom Window Broken Bottom piece with coiled Spring.jpg

and Rotated 1, Rotated 2, Rotated 3, Rotated 4 jpgs

I am not sure if I can replace only the Broken White Piece.

Thanks

Larry 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rotated 3 View Right Side Bottom Window Broken Bot
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rotated 0 Top View Right Side Bottom Window Broken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rotated 1 View Right Side Bottom Window Broken Bot
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Rotated 2 View Right Side Bottom Window Broken Bot
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom window Barcode.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the 15-192 pivot shoe, which uses the Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs, to yours. Please note that past customers have reported having to shave the front of the shoe down to install it in some cases, so we also created an alternative solution shown in the video below that would require replacing all of the necessary balance hardware and pivot bars. Take a look and see what you think. 

A home owner from Garland, Texas 75042 says:

Hello, Thanks for the info.

Am I correct in thinking that I can use the 15-192 pivot shoe by replacing the center cylinder with my old cylinder, since the pivot bars I have are different and use a screw through the bottom of the window?

Thanks

Larry 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Left side bottom window Bottom Piece Good.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Right Side Bottom Window shaft from bottom attache
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Right Side Bottom Window shaft from side attached
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Larry, that's correct. If you decide to go with the Certainteed 15-192 shoe, you would need to reuse the old metal cam. Your old Simonton brand pivot bar won't fit in the Certainteed model.

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.