Broken coil spring

A quick learner from District heights md says:
Good morning, I have a double hung window that will not stay up. Windows install 2004. Coil spring has broken it's 1/2" wide. And appears to be the only problem, I may be interested in the whole assembly.
Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15936901832613002270356458874552.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'm confident that we carry the replacement parts you need but it would help to see the pivot shoe that this coil attaches to in the window jamb, as well as the end, or tongue, or the coil, which is a big identifying factor. Thank you!

This is the wrong one someone sold me. Coil spring is 1/2 wide. It fits but is not strong enough to keep the window up. The rotating black piece is whitet/cream on the original one. If this is not helpful I will remove one from a window to send another pic.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200707_213407.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Your photo looks like our 15-180 pivot shoe, which uses our Series 190 coil springs but we would need to see photos of your original hardware removed from the window to confirm if these parts could work for you. 

If the issue is that the coils aren't strong enough to support the weight of your sash, I would recommend weighing the sash as well so that we can make sure we recommend the correct spring strength for your new coils. 

18.2 lbs
Profile picture of Casey

In that case, you would use one S190-940 on each side of the window, which would support a total of 18 pounds. Also, I realize that I didn't address that the color of the center cam is not an identifying factor, so the old one being cream-colored and the new pivot shoe having a black cam is nothing to worry about. 

Final communication? Smile price for 4? I fixed one with local window store sring replacement. The they had are wronged will not keep window up. Have to return hopefully for refund. Order spares from you. Excellent customer service is so rare these days
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15943190616423520519727754375066.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

I'm glad we were able to point you in the right direction. Please let us know if you have any other questions and thank you for the kind words. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.