Broken door latch (snib)

A home owner from Vancouver, WA says:
I have an older Millard sliding glass door. The handle for the lock, i think Millard calls it a "snib" has broken on two places. Do you carry a replacement?

Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4124A890-3196-4FC0-A0FB-3501625CABF2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2904B9BF-A391-4074-A9B3-91E6DE2E9333.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our 82-240 thumb latch and see how it compares to your original. Thank you!

Hi,

I tried one of those. The prongs are not quite long enough and the circular part at the angle is too small (circumference) and too tall so the housing won't fit back on.

Erick
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Erick. I'm afraid we don't have anything closer. Can you show me a picture of the rest of the handle set? That may give us some context as to what you have and why our hardware can't work as a replacement.

Hi - I've added some photos of the handle set. Since I'd already tried the one you suggested, I attached a picture of it next the the remaining piece that broke so you can clearly see the size difference.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope you can figure it out.

Erick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3367.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3368.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3369.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3370.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us with these photos. I think the issue is that your handle set is just an older style. For whatever reason the manufacturer used to make these pretty huge. The modern version we sell, the 82-080, has a greatly reduced size. It still works the same way but I can see why the modern thumb lever may not have worked with the older, larger handle set. I think your best bet would be to upgrade all around to the newer 82-080.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.