Broken pivot bar of vinyl double-hung window lower sash

A handy person from Massachusetts says:
Hi - I have a bright white vinyl double-hung window whose bottom sash needs repair. The part of the frame where the pivot bar is screwed broke. The entire window measures 29W by 46-3/4H (from jamb to jamb), the lower sash itself is 27-1/8W by 23-3/4H. I already cut the channel at the top of both sides to replace the shoes of the lower sash and I'm now looking to fix the sash itself.

I tried the following: (i) I tried to glue the frame back using different variations of epoxy but it failed (too much force exercised on the pivot bar). (ii) I tried to look for a replacement sash but can't find anywhere a brand logo or a reference number.

So at this point, I'm interested in your expert opinion on what I can do.
And finally, I'm looking for a channel blocker to protect the part of the channel I had to cut.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7982.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7983.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7995.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7980.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot bar is similar to our 26-083, depending on how the dimensions compare to yours. As far as the damage to the sash itself, unfortunately, that is not something that we can help you. Your best bet would be to contact the original window manufacturer directly or a local sash fabricator to see if the damaged part of the frame could be replaced. 

It sounds like you're also looking for a balance cover, which you may be able to find at a local hardware store. Thanks for posting and good luck with your repair!

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.