Broken sash stop and top latch

A home owner from USA says:
Hello,
My house was built in 1989 and I don't know if these are the original windows. As you can see in the photos, the sash stop is broken. I watched your video but my window does not hat the pop out at the top but rather near where the top and bottom windows meet. I also have difficulty opening and closing the latch on all of my windows so I may need 12 latches too. The overall window frame is 73 inches wide and 75 inches tall. I would be happy to speak with someone who could tell me how I can fix this. Lastly, I included a picture of the ANSI rating. Would this be considered hurricane resistant? Thanks very much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jan L, G, 5.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jan L, G, 4.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jan L, G, 3.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jan L, G, 2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jan L, G, 1.PNG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Your top sash guide here looks like our 18-161. I've never seen one in the same brown color as you have here, though. Ours is only available in white or black.

As for the latch being difficult to operate, that could be a symptom of multiple possible factors. Your first step should be to remove it from the window and see if it operates normally by itself. If it still hangs up then it is definitely the culprit and should be replaced.

If it works fine, though, then the issue is probably with how the sash is aligned in the frame, and could be clue to a much bigger issue. In fact, the damaged top sash guide may very well have caused such a misalignment. In my opinion, you should try replacing the top sash guide first and see if that fixes the problem.

If not, let me know and I can see if we can figure something out.

A home owner from USA says:
Thank you for your information. My problem is with the location of the pop out in the frame. Unlike the upper location shown in the video, my pop out is where the top and bottom windows meet. See photos
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 136504A9-CF91-42ED-A183-8D82AFC3C45D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4669B7F4-3367-4AA0-8004-66417A9DB3A3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6E7AFEE9-D389-4A99-8501-86EDFD2C7C24.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0C790852-2924-440D-B842-FF018D1D3131.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's fairly common. It doesn't change the removal process, though. You still need to get those channel balances under the take out clip. It just takes some elbow grease to push the balance down.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.