Broken sliding glass door handle

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Hi. The part of our slider that broke is the latch that locks/unlocks the door. I have looked to buy a new handle, but no one seems to sell the lock plate with a new handle so I need to find either the whole set or is it possible to only buy the piece that broke off? I appreciate any assistance. Thank you, Staci
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4B16124D-7C5D-4965-BF71-3D34E53F3E3B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45EB9355-E2EF-4585-874A-86759D84A98B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 734EC339-6EE4-4F2C-A605-6D739815E806.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I've associated a list of hardware for you to review but if all you need is the thumb latch that locks the door from the inside, take a look at our 82-240 latch lever. Dimensions and item details can be viewed on our product page to compare to your original part. Unfortunately, the latch does not come in black but we've had many customers paint our parts to match their original hardware. You could also consider replacing the entire handle if you'd like the color to match. Thank you!

A quick learner from San Diego says:
Thank you, Casey! If I buy the thumb latch only and it doesn't work, is it returnable? If not, no worries! If it doesn't work and I have to buy a whole new handle, do you have one that would fit the lock plate or are there lock plates that I can buy to go with the new handle? Thank you, Staci
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yes, we do have a return policy. You can view our full policy here. If you decide to go ahead and purchase a whole new handle set, our 82-080 is worth considering. This should work in place of what you have, but, you may just want to confirm our measurements match up with yours. 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.