Broken threads on housing

A handy person from Mt Shasta CA says:

After failed attempts with jb weld..time to ask the folks who know if this hole thing can be replaced or with one that will fit. Sorry there is no numbers on it. The only thing I how it was assemble in Canada. If there is a possibility I can send more maesurements. Thank you for your help. Robert

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named KIMG0065.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named KIMG0066.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named KIMG0067.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! Hopefully we can help with this, but I won't lie; this part looks very old. There is very little chance we'll be able to get an exact match for this.

However, that doesn't mean we have nothing that can work. This looks like an awning operator. As far as awning operators go, its function doesn't appear to be all that different from more modern models. One that comes to mind is our 39-143. This  is one of our smaller awning window operators with a 12" elbow-to-elbow "wing span," as indicated in the image below.

Dimensions for 39-143
Dimensions for 39-143
Will this fit on your window? I can't say. It mounts to the sill in an entirely different way and it uses a different clip to mount to the sash (either 39-177 or 39-170). I don't think we'll have anything closer in our inventory, though. 
Let me know what you think. If you aren't feeling optimistic about this, let me know and we'll try to find another path.
A handy person from Mt Shasta ca says:
Well the size is close, which I could make work, but the mount to the window jam is downward whereas my broken one's mount is horizontal to the jam. The space I have for the wings when the window is closed is one And one sixteenth inch with window tightly closed. This part is from a set of French doors that have a small vent window at the top. The doors are about 5 years old. Please see additional pictures below. Hope the pictures help. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3350D2FF-6DBE-4AC6-8C3B-74FABE8F7CF4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3098334C-F016-4159-AA4A-CB8FCC0732D8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 341DFD05-0EC8-4E9D-842A-D7B87E6A1E9D.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6A892570-2EF2-45FA-BB46-5F8174C0F1B5.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your continued patience while we look into this. Unfortunately, we have not been able to track down anything closer to this window. I'm sorry that we can't be of more help! Your operator's design is just too unique for anything we have to work similarly. 

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.