Broken window latches

A quick learner from Queens, NY says:
Trying to find part that fits here. Thanks!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi, thanks for reaching out to us. I would take a look at our 90-009 and 90-072 sweep locks. Let us know if you think one of these could work for you.

thanks. those locks claim to be 2 1/4 inches though, is that measured from where the screw-holes are, or the width of the metal overall?
Profile picture of Casey

The 2-1/4" measurement refers the to distance between the installation screw holes from center to center.

ok that works, will order a few now to see how it fares. thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Casey

Glad to hear! Let us know how the replacement works out or if you need any further help.

A quick learner from Queens says:
Those were perfect, thanks!

Ordering some more soon. However, I also need https://www.swisco.com/cl/Surface-Mounted-Latches-For-Tilt-Windows - the space between screws is 2 and 3/8 while the piece itself is 3 3/8 inches long and 1 and 1/4 wide. Cant seem to find a match for this.

The one at https://www.swisco.com/Top-Tilt-Latch-Neutral/pd/Surface-Mounted-Latches-For-Tilt-Windows/26-215 is close, but the one here a little shorter, see image.
Profile picture of Casey

I'm afraid that I couldn't find anything with those specifications. The hole placement is what's most important; that is to say, the distance between the two holes and then also the distance between the front hole and the edge of the housing. Every other dimension can more or less be ignored.

The problem is, I can't find anything at 2-3/8". Can you confirm this dimension? Make sure to measure from the center of each hole.

Some other promising candidates are our 26-177 or 26-188W

maybe closer to 2 and 1/4? is that an option?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We have the 26-188W which has a 2-5/16" screw hole distance. Check the distance from the end of your latch to the first hole, it should be 7/8". The overall length is 3-3/8". I'm afraid we couldn't find any with 2-3/8" screw hole distance.

It's close. I'll try a couple and see how it goes. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul

My pleasure. Thanks for ordering with us and please let me know if we can be of any more help!

A quick learner from NY says:
That worked, thanks again!
Profile picture of Paul

Awesome, that's great news. Thanks for confirming! We're always here for you if you need anything else.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.