Broken window parts

A home owner from Jenison Michigan says:

Hello

You all have helped me before with some window parts that I have been looking for. Our house is not an old house but almost all of our windows have this part in some way broken. This one actually broke completely off when the window blew in. Most of the other windows will either not move up or down, or they simply will not stay up and we have to place things in the window to keep them open. I tried to take a photo of the part that has come out of my bedroom window with a measuring tape to see if you might sell the replacement for this? I'm thinking that all of the window parts would be the same size? I can not see a brand on my windows, but only see AWS? I would appreciate any help or guidance you can offer.

Thanks

Patti

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4_IMG_0552.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5_IMG_0553.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1_IMG_0551.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2_IMG_0550.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3_IMG_0549.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Patti. This part is called a channel balance. It's tough to tell what you have from damaged hardware, but it looks like it might be a match for our Series 770. Look it over and see what you think.

If I'm wrong, or if you're not sure, please show me an undamaged version of this balance and I will do my best to find something better.

Profile picture of Tom

This is a huge help, thanks! I am now very confident that this is,  indeed, our Series 770. Just note that our balance installs at the top using a screw. Some older versions are known to install using hooks, so that's just something to keep an eye out for. If you don't have a screw at the top, let me know.

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I took two additional photos. One that shows how it hooks at the bottom and another of a number code that is on the casing of the cover that covers the spring. I thought maybe that would help you as well.

I will just wait to hear back from you.
Thanks so much

Patti
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pic 2_IMG_0571.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pic 1_IMG_0570.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Ah, I'm glad you showed this to me. Looks like yours uses a hook after all. We can still help, but it will have to be a custom order, since't that's not a standard option. What we will do is basically just install a rivet in the top two holes. You can then snap the hook you have now off the old balance and snap it on the new ones when you get them.

To be perfectly clear, we will be using a 28" long S770-28 with a 28A weight option. We will be installing two rivets, both in the top two holes. It will not include a hook but you can reuse your old one.

If this sounds good to you, please let me know how many you need and I will email you an order link and price quote for that quantity. 

Hi Tom
It looks like we don't have a screw?! Now what? I am attaching some photos below.
Patti
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.