Broken window pivot bar

A home owner from Quincy says:
Could you please confirm which bar I need to buy in order to replace the broken one in my window pictures? Also, are there instructions as to how to change out the bar once I've ordered the correct one?
Window pivot bars
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I have two options of possible replacement parts: our 26-164 and 26-416 pivot bars. For the best confirmation, we would need for you to remove yours and compare it to ours.
A quick learner from Quincy, MA says:
Are you able to provide instructions for me on how to remove and replace the pivot bars?
Profile picture of Paul
I've attached a video on the right side of the page that might help you.
A quick learner from Reading, MA says:
Hello,

I believe I have the same window and pivot bars as the ones pictured above. I am struggling to get the nylon window piece off to access the pivot bar. The video provided doesn't help too much with this specific pivot bar. Is there anymore information you could provide that helps show the process of replacing the pivot bar.

Thanks so much,
Colin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure I understand your issue. These pivot bars are typical held in with screws. I don't recall a specific nylon piece that obscures those screws. Can you go into more detail? Some photos might help, especially.

A quick learner from Reading, MA says:
Hello,

See the photos attached.
It seems as though the top frame piece of the window needs to be taken off to access the screws that hold the pivot bars in. The pivot bars cannot be removed unless the top piece is removed but I am not sure how to remove it.

Thanks,
Colin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200909_153312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200909_153318.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. The vinyl piece that is covering the screws to the pivot bar is snapped on to the sash. You need a putty knife or similar tool to wedge between the vinyl cover and sash and gently force the piece off, working it off the sash. Once you get it started you will find it easy to come off. After you replace the pivot bar you can snap on the cover to the sash by starting on one end and working it across the sash.

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.