Broken wire glass on very old Kawneer door

A quick learner from Moline, IL says:
Trying to replace broken wire glass in very old Kawneer door. Have replace newer models several times. This old door does not change like the other doors. It appears that the pieces that hold the glass are connected. They do not pop out. I could break out the glass the rest of the way but how do I get the new glass back? Sure would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks. Pastor Donnie Plemons. 309-752-3191
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello there! The older Kawneer doors with the angle or beveled door glazing stop are very hard to come by. What I have done in the past was to use a chisel like the 75-026, 75-021 or the 75-081 and get up under the glass stop at the edge of the door. In the process of prying up you could bend the glass stop and clips on the door. I used a hammer to bend down the clips and straighten out the metal stop. I believe Kawneer doors were designed were you need to completely remove the glass to access the stop removal. Take note that on old Kawneer doors the glass size was 31-5/8 X 76-3/4". Check it to make sure the size is correct. Also please note that wire glass is not permitted in Commercial doors.You will need to use Tempered or Safety Laminated glass.

SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
SWISCO 75-026 Stiff Chisel Putty Knife
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.