C-9400-1 Andersen Operator

A home owner from Massachusetts says:

We are looking for an Andersen EZ Split Arm Operator / mechanism for an Andersen window. The # on the front is C-9400-1 and the number on the back is F-9400-8. The distance between the (2) furthest holes is 4.5". I saw a recent post asking the identical question, but looking at the 39-264 operator and the 39-362 adapter plate I don't understand how this works for spacing holes of 4.5" when the same dimension on the 39-264 shows 3 11/16 hole to hole. Do new holes need to be drilled? Can the existing cover and crank be reused?

Thanks for your help.

John  

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Hopefully I can clarify the purpose of the 39-362 adapter plate. This is only used on windows made from 1995 to 1998. Andersen used a slightly different style operator on those windows that isn't a 1:1 replacement with the 39-264. The adapter plate simply allows you to use our part on that window. 

If your window is made any time after, then you can ignore the 39-362.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.