CGI Patio Door Handle. with latch. white pulls to the right. metal split at tapped holes

A home owner from Jupiter, Florida says:

This handle broke in my hand.

Please tell me the replacement cost.

Thank you

Michael 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9845.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9842.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9836.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9844.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9843.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, Michael. This looks like a match for our 82-080, but look it over and let me know if you had any questions. 

A quick learner from Tequesta Florida says:
Looks good
Seems like your latch differs however.
I think it will work
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9385754B-2AE5-48BD-B9B1-6CBDB0965DA2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 16ECA971-CB2E-49A0-9070-FE1208F83168.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Oh wow, I'm glad you showed me that. I wasn't expecting this type of thumb lever. That's actually pretty weird. Before you pull the trigger on a purchase, would you be so kind as to show me a picture of the mortise lock removed from the door? I can tell you right now that the 82-080 won't work for you as-is, if that's the kind of thumb lever you have, but if I can see the mortise lock then maybe I can find a way around that.

Hello Tom,
are these two photos helpful?

Thank you,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9875.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9873.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This is definitely a weird setup. Your mortise looks like an alternate version of our 82-228, which makes sense when you consider the flat design of your latch tail. The 82-080 definitely isn't going to work.

We do have handle sets that will, like our 82-030 for example, but the bad news is that they all have a 3-15/16" hole spacing. Your original hole spacing is likely 4-15/16".

I'm afraid that is the only option we can offer, though. You can still get them to work but it will require drilling new holes. Otherwise, you may want to contact the original door manufacturer to see if they can get you the exact handle set you have now. It might be unique to this door. 

Hi Tom,
The holes would be placed where?

Thank you,
Mike
Profile picture of Tom

Well, that's the tricky part. Since the distance between them is an inch less you have to find a happy middle ground. The goal is to orient it to a spot where the thumb lever comfortably plugs into the mortise. There's no exact science to this, unfortunately, you just have to do your best to line it up as carefully as you can and mark your holes for drilling.

Thanks for being so helpful Tom.
Tell me what I need, the total cost and I will get on it.

Mike
Profile picture of Tom

I think your best option is to go with our 82-030 handle set. That should be all you need; this comes with the exterior and interior handles, thumb lever, and mounting screws. It should be fully compatible with your existing mortise so there's no need to replace that at all.

The only work ahead of you here is drilling new holes. They always say to measure twice and drill once, but in this case you want to measure three times. Once those holes are in the door, they're in there for good and at the end of the day this is still just an educated guess. I think, logically, that the 82-030 will work but I've never seen your door before and I don't know if it has any other surprises in store for us. Just something to keep in mind. 

One last thing to note is to make sure to remove your mortise before you start drilling, just in case. Other than that you should be good to go.

Let's do it Tom.
I use the mortise I have. Correct?

Profile picture of Tom

Yes, the 82-030 should be compatible with your old mortise.

All orders can be placed on our site at your convenience. If you wanted further peace of mind, you can see our return policy here. The absolute worst case scenario is that you return the handle for a refund and you're back at square one, just with a couple extra holes in your door. However I don't think it'll come to that. I'm optimistic this will work.

You're a very helpful professional Tom. I will place the order today. Thank you, Mike
Profile picture of Tom

I try my best! Good luck to you, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.